Saturday, July 2, 2011

Exhausted, and Random Thoughts....

My day started at 6 this morning, packing and getting everything (and everyBODY!) loaded into our van. We seriously are feeling the need for a bigger van about now. :) Our mini-van does seat eight, so Johanna will have a seat, but Alyssia won't fit, so sometime between now and bringing her home, we need a bigger van. I've got too much else to worry about right now, though, so I'm not even going to think about how we'll work that one out.

Anyway, back to my day. We left at 9 am, drove all day (with not too many stops, no small feat for a long road trip with littles!) and crashed into our hotel here in Franklin, TN around 9 pm. All the children are sleeping, and I'm pretty sure I won't be too far behind them. :)

It was actually a good trip (except for the fact that there was NO leg room for anyone, due to the fact that I had to bring just about everything we own. Almost anyway.). The youngest two had a few moments of fussiness, but all in all, I was proud of them. Brent and I have had a few road trips where they've ALL been screaming or crying by the end of the trip, so this one ranked as a "good" trip lol.

The hardest part of the trip always seems to be the "finding a hotel" and "getting settled into the hotel" part. We didn't book in advance on the chance we weren't able to drive it all in one day, so we had to check a couple of hotels for pricing and availability. The children, by this time, were DONE, and quite honestly, so was I. :) I tried playing a game of "What animal makes this sound?" and thankfully, it was only about 1/2 an hour of torture stress.

I was thinking today, how the next family trip we take will be with Johanna (and maybe Alyssia, too!). Johanna has never taken a family vacation. I wonder what she will think of her first family trip?

I found myself counting down the days today. Lord willing, in 17 days I will meet our Johanna Ling! Oh, dear, now I just reminded myself of all I need to do before then!

Ethan (just turned 2 years) is positively adorable these days. His language skills have literally exploded and it's so much fun listening to him talk and having conversations with him! Today, he was full of cuteness in the car. I sat next to both babies (in the middle row of the van) and had a blast talking to my little man. I need to post a video of his voice before it changes again.....

Well, I'm getting too tired to think anymore. I think I'd better call it a night! Camp starts after church tomorrow. We're praying the Lord does a mighty work in our family this week.

Good night, all.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely, even if the trip was something of a trial.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selina, praying and thinking about you and your family as you prepare to travel. Blessings! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made it to our neck of the woods. ;) I had no idea there was a family camp this close by. We need to look into it for our family. Might see you all there next year!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!