Thursday, July 14, 2016

Our ninth child and opening up the blog again...



I closed this blog down a few months ago. I found an online attack on me and my family, and truthfully, I just wanted to hide. Maybe that's silly. I don't know. I just know that it hurt so badly to have total strangers judging the situation with Johanna...especially when they didn't even know her whole story.

Regardless, I'm a better place now. I've talked in length with Johanna, and she's very comfortable with sharing parts of her story that encourage other families through older child adoption, so I'm reopening this blog. I've removed a couple of posts regarding her time in residential care, for her own privacy's sake. If you've found this blog because you're looking for older child adoption resources or help, please email me here. I'd love to chat with you.

Remember, I blog more frequently at Perspectives in Parenting--my little spot on the net to talk about Grace, Connection, and Jesus in our parenting.

The biggest news for our family is the recent addition of our ninth child. Andrew joined our family through a disruption situation, and you can read part one and part two of his story here.

We moved into a missions house in March, and will be moving to South Africa in April! Our hearts are already there and we can't wait to begin the next phase of our ministry soon. Sometimes it seems like a dream--moving to Africa, working with orphans.

Brent and I celebrated 18 years of marriage in June. That seems like a really long time. Not in a bad way, just in a wow-it-still-feels-like-yesterday kind of way. He's helped me become a better person and I'm thankful for his love and laughter every single day.

It feels nice to hit "publish" again. :)

Blessings,

Selina


2 comments:

  1. A huge congratulations to your family, Selena! I emailed you privately, too. Everyone looks wonderful, the little ones so much bigger now and the older ones so much more mature. I wish you all the best, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to be able to check in on your family again. What a beautiful family, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!