Thursday, June 23, 2011

Skype is Set Up

If everything goes as planned, we will get to "see" our daughter on Sunday night around 9 pm EST. Needless to say, we are super-duper excited!

Now we're trying to think of things to talk about. One of the orphanage staff ladies who speaks English will help translate for us. I imagine it will be difficult to not have "dead" time, though. I think I'm going to make a list of questions and things to talk about. I will let you know how it goes! :)

I can't help wondering what must be going through her mind........fear, excitement, curiousity, nervousness, joy, anxiety.....probably a little of all of these emotions. Our goal with this first "meeting" is mostly to show her that we're nice people. Really. She must lay in bed and wonder if we're going to be loving to her, or if she'll be mistreated. I'm praying the love we already have for her will shine across the ocean through the miracle of Skype.

Please pray!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision to adopt your daughter. I, too, feel that my third daughter is a teenager and I'm trying to work with my agency to allow me to bring two home on one adoption trip. I am single so they are hesitant. I am starting to be open to the possibility of using a different agency, one with grants.

    You are not crazy and I think that you are in for a wonderful time in China. I've read several blogs of families who have adopted teenages and they are doing VERY well. One mom did have the Chinese female guide explain menstruation to her daughter before leaving China to make sure her daughter was prepared for her bodily changes in case they occurred before her English was far enough along to allow mother/daughter talk on this subject and I thought it was a really good idea.

    I hope that you will be able to blog while in China. I'd love to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a great first meeting.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!