Friday, July 6, 2012

Blueberry Day

The children and I went blueberry picking a couple of weeks ago. Having never seen a blueberry bush before, I must say, for some reason I pictured blueberries growing on little bushes like blackberries or even strawberries..... :)

Nope.

It was more like an apple or peach orchard, with rows and rows of gorgeous, delicious blueberries!


Needless to say, the children had a blast picking, er eating, blueberries!



Johanna especially loved the taste of the blueberries. Fruit is one of her favorite foods!







We spent about an hour, filling our buckets---and our tummies---with delicious blueberries.

I was slightly worried that some of our 7 and 1/2 pounds of blueberries might go to waste before we had a chance to eat them and even contemplated freezing some of them.

Ahem. No need for freezing.

They were ALL gone in three short days. :)

As soon as the temperatures drop out of the 100's, we'll be heading back for some more blueberries.

More than we got last time, apparently. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!