Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our Last "WAIT"

Well, we're finally at the end of this adoption journey. All of our paperwork is complete, and we're just waiting on our TA (travel approval)....basically this is China's green-light for us to make our travel plans! We should receive our TA within the next couple of weeks, and then we'll purchase our tickets and head for China a couple of weeks after that!

It's funny to me, how very similar these last few weeks are to the final weeks of a pregnancy. I have so many of the same feelings and emotions....you know, the When will the baby come, What will she be like, How will our whole family adjust, Will the other children be okay while I'm "gone", etc. questions...I'm emotional, even more so than usual. I find myself very introspective, another trait that is typical for me in the third trimester. I'm daydreaming and planning ALL THE TIME now, and since those around me can't "see" the baby that's coming, they probably don't understand. Outside commitments are starting to overwhelm me as our family is getting ready to grow and stretch again. I'm quite sure that after we're home and settled, I'll feel better, but for now, I'm just trying to relax and enjoy each day as it comes, and not stress about all the little "what-ifs"!

It will never cease to amaze me how much love I feel for our little Gabbey Mei already. Oh, how I ache to hold her in my arms, to shower her with love and gentleness, to bring her home to her brothers and sister who love her already. So far away, yet such a big part of our family already.

Come on, China! We're ready and waiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!