Saturday, August 25, 2012

Announcing......



The entire Bergey Bunch is pleased to announce......




.....that there will soon be one (or two?) new little ones in our family!



Please join us in celebrating the addition of a little one to our bunch, arriving in 2013!We are in the beginning stages of an adoption from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa.



We are full of so many raw emotions as we embark on another adoption journey. Excitement, nervousness, fear, anticipation, anxiety, peace, and joy all fill our hearts at different points along the way.



But mostly, Brent and I are feeling love---sweet, overflowing, wake-you-in-your-sleep-so you-can-think-about-it-some-more amazing LOVE.  You see, we've fallen in love sight-unseen seven times before. We know how real and deep these feelings of love are. And we absolutely cannot wait to welcome another precious treasure into our family.


Just like a pregnant momma, I'm waiting.......anticipating the joyous moment when I see our child's face for the first time. Thinking about names, bedding, attachment and such things. Getting sentimental at the sight of a new baby, the smell of baby powder, or the feel of a soft, cuddly security blanket.

Unlike a pregnancy, though, where the baby remains safely near the mother's heart for the growing period, our little one is living in a country where 52% of children DIE before the age of 5. Did you read that and let it process for a second? FIFTY-TWO PERCENT.

 Oh, how it breaks our hearts to imagine a death rate so incredibly high. (Only 1% of children in the USA die before the age of 5!)

We cannot eradicate the orphan crisis alone. We know that. All we can do is say "yes" when God calls.

He is leading us to Africa, and we absolutely cannot wait to see what He has in store for our family as we joyfully welcome a new member into our "bunch". :)

In the meantime, a little bit of our hearts will continually be waiting and dreaming of our sweet little one so very, very far away......



***FAQ post to follow. :)

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to follow you on this new journey! My dear friends are waiting on their son from the Congo! They hope to have him hope in November/December!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I am so happy for you and your family! I will be praying for you all as you begin this journey! Love ya, girl!
    Tracey Coffey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So excited for your family...looking forward to reading about the journey to Congo in the next few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How absolutely wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! i'm so happy for your family, the children are so blessed.
    your family will look like heaven :) every tribe and nation, how beautiful.
    I read today in the Word, "he names our families" i just can't remember the text.
    God bless you all as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Such wonderful, beautiful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations,this is so exciting, for us as readers and especially for your lovely family! Lovely Photos of you all, and your skirt is Just Fab!
    Regards
    Kaz UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt was a last minute Goodwill find! I love "vintage" looking things. :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I've been following you for a year. I can't wait to hear more about your DRC adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great news! Congratulations! I am envious in the nicest way of your large family and I still hope that in my future will be a wonderful man to be my husband with a desire to add to our family, too. Can you give us an update of all the kids soon, too, please? I'm most eager to hear how Johanna has been doing and the progress she is making and what you are doing with her for homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I was so excited to hear that you are adopting from DRC Africa, because my family is too! We started the process in January 2012 and are hoping to bring home our two kids next month. We wish the best to you and your family and would love to help you in any way we can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany--welcome and thank you for sharing in our joy. How old are you two new blessings? I'm sure you're beside yourself with excitement to bring them home!

      Delete
  11. How exciting!! Congratulations to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! You are an inspiration! I cannot wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew what the "announcing" meant before I scrolled down--YAY! 1 less orphan!
    Congratulations. I am excited to follow your journey, and wondering how you chose Congo instead of China again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! I am so glad that I found your blog!! Please let me know if you know of anyone else that has already adopted from Congo and if they have a blog to follow! We have just adopted a little boy from China and have an open mind to adopt again and when I read your blog I feel like it was a sign from God to find you and make me aware of adopting from there also!

    Thank you for your blog and hope to hear from you soon!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,

      Welcome! You can "follow" the blog to get regular updates if you'd like them.

      Congratulations on your recent adoption! How old is your little guy? Are you adjusting well? Sometimes those first few months can be very challenging. :)

      I'll be answering the questions about Congo specifically in my next post.

      Delete
    2. Our little guy is doing so well!! Probably the reason I can't wait to adopt again!! LOL We did have a few challenges but most of them have worked themselves out as he has adjusted to us and all the changes he had to go through. He is truly a blessing and we couldn't be happier!

      Can't wait to hear read some things about Congo in your next post!

      Sandra

      Delete
    3. Our little guy turned 4 in May and he is doing really well! We did have a few challenges but things are really coming along and he is such a joy!
      I have a few questions about the agency that you are using to adopt from Congo...I am wondering if you would email me some info about it....only if you want to :) gsandwalker2@juno.com

      Thank you!!
      Sandra

      Delete
  16. Wow! This is great news! We will be praying for you.

    P.S. Tell Brent I noticed something great in his pics!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,

      Doesn't he look amazing? I'm so very proud of all of his hard work! :)

      Thank you for praying!

      Delete
  17. We feel we are being lead to Congo as well. Can but have yet to begin a home study. Is it possible to speak to you about this? rhonda.on.the.farm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! What a blessing your blog is!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!