Sunday, July 24, 2011

Saturday's Medical Exam

All children adopted from China must go through a routine medical exam, TB test, and vaccinations (if they're over 2). Poor Johanna needed 4 shots and it was very hard for her.

Otherwise, though, she's healthy! Her eyesight is better than 20/20 and other than being tiny :) she's doing just great.





I found it amusing that the doctor that checked her eyes, ears, and mouth didn't write Cleft lip/palate on her chart. So the next doctor asked "Why didn't he mark this?" Back we went to the first doctor. He said her lip and palate are so beautifully repaired that he didn't even notice it! I quite agree. Her palate is completely closed, and in my humble-non-doctor opinion, looks GREAT! :)

Johanna was a very brave girl at the medical exam, so I took her to McDonalds for lunch as a treat. She loves McDonalds! Apparently the orphanage took about 20 children to McDonalds to celebrate Johanna's adoption. I loved hearing this!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed McDonald's quite a few times while in China too...we rarely go there in the USA though...LOL

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!